Starting your day off with good carbohydrates and protein is key to optimized performance. This strawberry & cacao protein granola recipe is a perfect way for vegans, or anyone, to kick their metabolism into go mode. Store bought granola is typically loaded with sugars, lacks any add benefit beyond being a sweet and crunchy add on to your yogurt. This reinvents typical granola to maximize the nutrients in every meal and give ourselves a competitive advantage over the day. Quick, easy and nutrient dense but packed with the desired sweet and crunchy goodness.
Yield: ~2 cups
Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups Quick rolled oats
- ⅓ cup Almond butter
- ½ scoop Plant-Based Protein
- 4 Tbsp Applesauce, unsweetened
- ¼ Tbsp Cacao powder
- ½ cup Dried Strawberries, freeze dried*
- ¼ cup Banana chips
- 1 Tbsp Cacao nibs
- ⅛ tsp Sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Toss oats, almond butter, applesauce, ATH Plant-Based Protein, cacao powder and salt together in a bowl and mix until it starts to clump up.
- Place mixture in an even layer on a parchment paper lined sheet tray and bake for 15 minutes, stir, then bake for another 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature.
- Toss granola in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Store in airtight containers or enjoy over some Probiotic Powered Cacao-Raspberry Frozen Yogurt.
*Sub your favorite freeze-dried fruits here. Opting for freeze-dried vs dried fruits adds to the crunch element.
NUTRITIONServing size: ½ cup
Fat: 4.1 g
Carbs: 34.8 g
Protein: 10.7 g